Monday, August 9, 2010

Foreshadowing?

Hi all,
I'm Angela and I blog over at http://www.bountyhuntress.com/.  I love seeing all of your gorgeous Pyrex!
Thought this was perfect for my introductory Pyrex Collective post.
*******************************************************************************
Before hitting up the yards, garages, and estates this week, I wanted to take the family to the 20th Annual Lake Travis Balloon Launch. That meant we had to get up mighty early!


At 5:30am, we drove out to Mansfield Dam and trekked across the field in the dark to set up our chairs to watch all the commotion while eating our kolaches and donuts. We saw various trucks drive in to unload the huge baskets and then unroll the deflated balloons on the ground. Teams worked frantically to get the balloons launched by sunrise at 6:53am.


We had a great time, but that sure made for a long day! I think it brought me luck once I dropped off the family and hit the streets. I found my first ever Pyrex Balloon bowl (for only a quarter)!


8 comments:

  1. If that's not serendipity, I don't know what is. I hope that was the correct spelling of serendipity. Seldom is anything serendipitous in my life, so I never get the chance to spell it.

    Gotta get me a hot balloon!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I've never seen one like that! and for a quarter?! OMGosh~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen that pattern either! I think you may have a rare one! I'd do some research on that pretty, pretty bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you came over here to post this! I read it on your blog and was blown away by the chance that that could happen! Awesome for you. I love this bowl!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I'm drooling on my keyboard and might cause a short circuit!

    What a fantabulous deal! a big ol' quarter for that bowl? super duper cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey y'all, here's what Pyrex Love says about this pattern:
    http://www.pyrexlove.com/balloons-1958-cinderella-chip-dip-set-series-395/glassware/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bowl is seriously fab and for only a quarter!!!

    ReplyDelete