Monday, September 27, 2010

One Successful Weekend


This weekend was our fall citywide garage sale.  We have one spring and fall.  It's always a great day to search for fun vintage things.  Not only was it the citywide garage sale, but there were two estate auctions in town this weekend.  Now, my blog readers know that there is nothing that I love more than an estate auction.  It is a great way to get some bargains and I have several friends that I've made at auctions, and we always chat while waiting for our items.

Between the three different activities, I managed to get a total of 11 different pieces of Pyrex.  I spent just over $30 on everything in the photo above.  My favorite pieces are the 8 inch lime green baker with the carrier, and the 8 inch round Desert Dawn Yellow baking dish (both in the right stack).  There is a mint condition Primary yellow refrigerator dish between the two pieces.  In the center of the top row are three of the little 080 personal casserole dishes - 2 pink and one lime.  On the left is a 1 1/2 quart Early American casserole, a Spring Blossom casserole, and a turquoise snowflake divided dish.  On the bottom row are two Sandalwood Cinderella bowls.  With there being just the large bowl and the smallest one, I wonder if it might have originally been a chip and dip set and lost it's metal piece to hold them together.  Does anybody know if Pyrex made a chip and dip set in Sandalwood?

6 comments:

  1. I don't think so. The Sandal wood pieces were very few. I think they made a Cinderella bowl set and that's it. Of course I could be mistaken! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your haul! Wonderful! I really like the little 080 personal casseroles. I think that is my new love and on my list to find!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous, both at the variety you found and the fantastic prices. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm kinda jealous too!! What a wonderful haul, and such a variety!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful finds...and $30 is an awesome deal when you add everything up! My heart is with the yellow fridgie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what city! i'll be there in the spring!! :)

    ReplyDelete