Thursday, September 23, 2010

Yes, I'm addicted too ...


Hello everyone!! I'm Sharon, and yes, I'm addicted to collecting Pyrex. I've been collecting Pyrex for about a year. It all started rather innocently, but has become an addiction rather fast. I really do enjoy looking at everybody's collections on here, and on Flickr. My collection is not nearly as large as some who post here, I'm working on it. Most of my Pyrex has been found at thrift stores, and flea markets, although I have picked up a few pieces in antique stores. The most I've paid for a single piece is $15.00 (the one pictured). I think it was worth it, don't you? For me, part of the thrill in collecting Pyrex is the hunt. I get all giddy when I walk into a Goodwill or Salvation Army and see a lonely, unloved piece of Pyrex just sitting there begging me to take it home and love it.....LOL. Anyway, I hope to be doing more posting and sharing my Pyrex collection. Heck, I might even start a blog if I can get up the courage.

7 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more about the "thrill of the hunt." It's beyond thrilling to find a lonely Pyrex on a dusty thirft store shelf.I love the Daisy dish! I was able to thrift one just like it for around $5! And by all means, start a blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you and Alyssa Bee - hunting for Pyrex is just so much fun. It's like hunting for treasure without the pirates and booby traps! We are doing important work: saving the Pyrex! Lovely piece you have here and welcome to le Pyrex Collective! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome and I hope you post often! I love seeing all the Pyrex! I love the piece you have shared with us. I agree the thrill of the hunt is so much fun. I also love to find a lonely piece of Pyrex and bring it home to meet the others!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome aboard, Sharon. I've got a small collection too. I think half the thrill is the hunt.
    Erin
    P.S. Nice daisy dish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Daisy — I have that exact dish. I love hunting for Pyrex although around here colored pieces are hard to come by in thrift shops. I look forward to reading your (future) blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I regret that I didn't buy a dish like that when I saw it at Goodwill months ago, but I only have so much room for casserole dishes. I don't know a lot about Pyrex, just that for me it started innocently enough when I thought of fond memories in the 60s of our big yellow bowl used for potato salad. When I saw a similar one at a thrift store and bought it I realized I had been bitten by the bug & now have a small collection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sharon, I have been collecting for about 6 months and still getting all giddy too! Such a fun hobby. And I just picked up this same dish over the weekend. I paid close to what you did too. WELL worth it I think.

    ReplyDelete