Tuesday, February 15, 2011

#1 Son & Mom Antique/Thrift Trip

Saturday my son (and secret Pyrex-maniac, lol) called and coaxed me ;) to go with him to a little town just up the road from Tallahassee. This little town is known for it's antiques and they were having sidewalk sales. I sure am glad I let him coax me into going because look at all the great Pyrex we/I found. Son found these and bought them for me. I told him I didn't need two, but he insisted and the price was really good.

I think my most favorite find of the day was this coffee carafe with the Town & Country pattern.

Son found and bought this cute little mini carafe for me. I did a little research and found that this is a tea carafe. I found pictures of the little coffee carafe that supposedly was sold with it back in the early 60's. They were for individual servings.

Next up is a Butterprint dish that I just had to have. It was marked $12.00 and son talked the lady down to $8.00.

Then, I found these...




We really had a fun time!! He bought me some Pyrex, and I bought him a few old bottles. Hubby is going to be out of town this upcoming weekend, so my son and I are going to head over to Alabama and do some antiquing and thrifting. Hopefully, we'll find lots of Pyrex goodies to share!! :)

9 comments:

  1. Oh, that's a really good haul! I love the Town & Country carafe too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great finds! The butterprint dish you found was one of the first dishes I purchased that got me stuck on this whole Pyrex obsession!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The twin bowls along with the orange and pink are swoone worthy know doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom and son Pyrex-maniacs! How cool!!! :)
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow -- what a great son! You have so much Pyrex! Do you use it all, or do you have a wonderful display?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the little tea carafe! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun and you found some great Pyrex! Where did you go to shop?? I use to live not far from Tallahassee! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laurie--yeah, I've amassed quite a lot of Pyrex in the last year or so! I use some of it, and some of it is displayed, but not wonderfully, lol. I am trying to figure out a better and prettier way to display it.

    Linda: We went to a little town called Havana...ever heard of it? Where did you live?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love them all and I have passed up so many of those pyrex carafe pots didn't realized they were being collected.

    My favorite is the pink covered casserole dish I am trying to get a set of those. Not sure what the name is gooseberry something?

    I love all pyrex Now

    Janice

    ReplyDelete