Sunday, February 20, 2011

Pyrex left behind

Greetings! I'm a new member of the collective and this is my first post.

I had a great thrifting week, and even found some much desired Pyrex, but I thought I'd show you what I *didn't* buy. It's necessary to be selective when you're thrifting on a budget!



I found this set of "Briarwood" JAJ English Pyrex at a Salvation Army thrift store. All 3 pieces and 1 lid were spread all over the store. It was a treasure hunt! One piece was chipped. If all 3 lids had been there I probably would have bought the set. You can see the rest of the stuff I didn't buy on my blog :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh this pattern is stupendous, I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to leave a lot of Pyrex behind this weekend too, but I came home with some pretty good pieces. You did good though on what you did bring home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a cute pattern, but I could see leaving it behind if you didn't love it. Or maybe just getting one piece ...

    My GW has two small red fridgies that look like they've been through the dishwasher a hundred times and who knows what else. They're asking $2.99 each so they can keep them. I did buy two red fridgies in that shape at the GW outlet, but they were 25¢ for both. Quite a difference. Unfortunately those were the only Pyrex pieces I saw today (they were there last week too).

    ReplyDelete